Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thane's new tricks

Thane is learning to be a great helper. He LOVES to put his own diapers in the trash, to put tp (or anything else), in the toilet and flush & then wash hands. He loves to put dishes in the sink, or unload the dishwasher,(clean or dirty!) He loves putting his dirty clothes into the hamper. Can I just say I LOVE THIS AGE?! 16 months is blissful.
I love that he loves to help, even when it means he is tugging on my legs while I make dinner begging me to hold him or put him on the counter where he can see or "stir". I love that he comes and sits at my feet while I cook, clearing out my pots and pans and everything else I step on in our tiny kitchen. I love that he wants to help me take the clothes out of the dryer or to start new loads in the washer. I love that he LOVES to sweep and mop the floors. He says"please" asking me to give him the broom or the mop and doesn't want to let go.
Now it does take 2x as long( at least!) for Thane to help with most things, but it is so rewarding when my kids want to help...it is a tender mercy.
I love that with a little bit of love and attention he thinks anything we do is fun! I am grateful for moments like these and hope that by making it fun he will continue to want to be helpful and happy doing the necessary tasks in a fun way...And if not, well, he sure is cute now anyway!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Way to go Thane!!!