Not at all left out...TD!
Emmie and Mom taping up the last of the week's photos
showing Christ's appearances after His resurrection.
Our Passover dinner costumes.
Our Mediterranean meal.
Vannah Emma showing the sepulchre that was sealed with tape
making Easter Story cookies.
Making an Edible Tomb Emma style!
Easter this year was a week long commemoration of the Savior's life, ministry, and resurrection. My desire was to make it a learning and a fun time for Emmie. Every day she was excited to see what we would do next to celebrate Jesus Christ's life. It was SO FUN! We started with Palm Sunday and the Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem. We acted it out and made little Palms to wave and shout Hosanna. Each night that week we would do a little devotional time before bed or after dinner and put up some more pictures and tell stories about the Savior's life, acting them out or doing an activity about his teachings. The best part was Easter Sunday when Dad and I shared our love for the Savior with Emmie and Thane. She shared what she believed too. All by herself she said,
"Jesus was resurrected. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
It made my heart so happy to see her learning and feeling the spirit even at her tender age. I love these fleeting moments!
Thanks to our dear friend Stacy for her amazing ideas she shared with us. We are excited to celebrate again next Easter.
3 comments:
that sounds (and looks in the pics) amazing, please share ideas forward before next easter! i'd love to make it more spiritual as my kids start to understand it... we had fun this year, but i'm sure afton didn't get it at all :)
Yeah! I'm so glad you had a special Easter week. The kids looked so darling in their Easter outfits! What a beautiful family! I was wondering why Spencer looked like he got beat up at your Passover dinner, until I read your previous post! Emma is such a sweetheart! Her smile is so cute. I just want to kiss those cute little cheeks. Happy Easter!
Those are such cute ideas. YOu need to give more details. You are such a great mom, Saralyn.
Post a Comment